Re: [scrumdevelopment] History of Scrum

  • Adam Sroka
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 4, 2009
      Hi Dan:

      I like what you wrote, but it does feel more like a personal evolution
      (Your personal practice? Your personal understanding?) than an
      accurate history of Scrum. Based on my own observations, what you
      describe as "Scrum I" is what most people are still doing and is
      closest to what the "Scrum Guide" describes. Your "Scrum II" is
      similar to what some Scrum teams do and what most XP teams do.

      Your "Scrum III" sounds like a partial implementation of Kanban (If
      you fully implemented Kanban you could throw away the timebox
      altogether.) I don't know of many Scrum teams that began implementing
      Kanban in 2007. Most of the ones I know are starting to look at it
      now, or it might still not be on their radar screen. In either case I
      think calling Kanban part of the definition of Scrum is way premature.