Scrum Alliance

  • kschwaber
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
      The Board of Directors of the ScrumAlliance (SA) been all over me to talk to them about the SA, the exams, and the developer program. Given that they demanded that I resign from the board, I'm surprised that they are requesting my help

      My take regarding everything outstanding is that the SA needs to do the following - make a permanent announcement on the SA home page that the CSD program is no longer active within SA. Put a permanent link on SA home page to Scrum.org with a statement that Scrum.org has moved on with the further training and assessing of Scrum developers.

      Ken
    • Cory Foy
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2009
        Hi All,

        As the community liaison for the Scrum Alliance, I would like to forward
        the response that Tom Mellor, the president of the Scrum Alliance, made
        on another mailing list this was posted to, and which appears to have
        been blocked from this mailing list (which might just be an oversight):

        "We regret that this discussion if playing out in this forum. Lowell
        and I have each reached out to Ken to discuss the CSD and other
        matters.

        It is untrue that the CSD program is no longer active within the
        Scrum Alliance.

        The Board of Directors accepted Ken’s resignation from the Board on
        September 15. Lowell was not involved in or consulted about this
        decision, which preceded his involvement with the Scrum Alliance in
        any capacity other than as a CST.

        Tom Mellor
        Chair, Board of Directors of the Scrum Alliance "

        To extend Tom's message - those of you who were not aware - Lowell
        Lindstrom has taken over as the new managing director of the Scrum
        Alliance.

        I'm not looking to start anything here other than put out this
        information. If you'd like to contact me, you can reach me at foyc at
        cornetdesign dot com or cfoy at scrumalliance dot org.

        --
        Cory Foy
        http://www.cornetdesign.com

        kschwaber wrote:
        > The Board of Directors of the ScrumAlliance (SA) been all over me to talk to them about the SA, the exams, and the developer program. Given that they demanded that I resign from the board, I'm surprised that they are requesting my help
        >
        > My take regarding everything outstanding is that the SA needs to do the following - make a permanent announcement on the SA home page that the CSD program is no longer active within SA. Put a permanent link on SA home page to Scrum.org with a statement that Scrum.org has moved on with the further training and assessing of Scrum developers.
        >
        > Ken

      • Adam Sroka
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2009
          Two words come to mind, and the first one is "cluster."

          I hope that when the dust settles someone can explain this in a way
          that we non-politicians can comprehend.

          On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Cory Foy <usergroup@...> wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > As the community liaison for the Scrum Alliance, I would like to forward
          > the response that Tom Mellor, the president of the Scrum Alliance, made
          > on another mailing list this was posted to, and which appears to have
          > been blocked from this mailing list (which might just be an oversight):
          >
          > "We regret that this discussion if playing out in this forum.  Lowell
          > and I have each reached out to Ken to discuss the CSD and other
          > matters.
          >
          > It is untrue that the CSD program is no longer active within the
          > Scrum Alliance.
          >
          > The Board of Directors accepted Ken’s resignation from the Board on
          > September 15.  Lowell was not involved in or consulted about this
          > decision, which preceded his involvement with the Scrum Alliance in
          > any capacity other than as a CST.
          >
          > Tom Mellor
          > Chair, Board of Directors of the Scrum Alliance "
          >
          > To extend Tom's message - those of you who were not aware - Lowell
          > Lindstrom has taken over as the new managing director of the Scrum
          > Alliance.
          >
          > I'm not looking to start anything here other than put out this
          > information. If you'd like to contact me, you can reach me at foyc at
          > cornetdesign dot com or cfoy at scrumalliance dot org.
          >
          > --
          > Cory Foy
          > http://www.cornetdesign.com
          > http://twitter.com/cory_foy
          >
          > kschwaber wrote:
          >> The Board of Directors of the ScrumAlliance (SA) been all over me to talk to them about the SA, the exams, and the developer program.  Given that they  demanded that I resign from the board, I'm surprised that they  are requesting my help
          >>
          >> My take regarding everything outstanding is that the SA needs to do the following - make a permanent announcement on the SA home page that the CSD program is no longer active within SA.  Put a permanent link on SA home page to Scrum.org with a statement that Scrum.org has moved on with the further training and assessing of Scrum developers.
          >>
          >> Ken

        • Cory Foy
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2009
            I hope so too. But, I want to make it clear that I'd rather discussion
            about this not happen on this list. After all, we've all got enough
            problems changing our organizations to be bogged down in what is going
            on at the SA/Scrum.org level. I appreciate the insights from this board
            far too much to see a giant flame war break out here.

            --
            Cory Foy
            http://www.cornetdesign.com

            Adam Sroka wrote:
            > Two words come to mind, and the first one is "cluster."
            >
            > I hope that when the dust settles someone can explain this in a way
            > that we non-politicians can comprehend.
            >
            > On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Cory Foy <usergroup@...> wrote:
            >> Hi All,
            >>
            >> As the community liaison for the Scrum Alliance, I would like to forward
            >> the response that Tom Mellor, the president of the Scrum Alliance, made
            >> on another mailing list this was posted to, and which appears to have
            >> been blocked from this mailing list (which might just be an oversight):
            >>
            >> "We regret that this discussion if playing out in this forum. Lowell
            >> and I have each reached out to Ken to discuss the CSD and other
            >> matters.
            >>
            >> It is untrue that the CSD program is no longer active within the
            >> Scrum Alliance.
            >>
            >> The Board of Directors accepted Ken’s resignation from the Board on
            >> September 15. Lowell was not involved in or consulted about this
            >> decision, which preceded his involvement with the Scrum Alliance in
            >> any capacity other than as a CST.
            >>
            >> Tom Mellor
            >> Chair, Board of Directors of the Scrum Alliance "
            >>
            >> To extend Tom's message - those of you who were not aware - Lowell
            >> Lindstrom has taken over as the new managing director of the Scrum
            >> Alliance.
            >>
            >> I'm not looking to start anything here other than put out this
            >> information. If you'd like to contact me, you can reach me at foyc at
            >> cornetdesign dot com or cfoy at scrumalliance dot org.
            >>
            >> --
            >> Cory Foy
            >> http://www.cornetdesign.com
            >> http://twitter.com/cory_foy
            >>
            >> kschwaber wrote:
            >>> The Board of Directors of the ScrumAlliance (SA) been all over me to talk to them about the SA, the exams, and the developer program. Given that they demanded that I resign from the board, I'm surprised that they are requesting my help
            >>>
            >>> My take regarding everything outstanding is that the SA needs to do the following - make a permanent announcement on the SA home page that the CSD program is no longer active within SA. Put a permanent link on SA home page to Scrum.org with a statement that Scrum.org has moved on with the further training and assessing of Scrum developers.
            >>>
            >>> Ken

          • Peter Stevens (cal)
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2009
              Cory Foy wrote:
              > I hope so too. But, I want to make it clear that I'd rather discussion
              > about this not happen on this list. After all, we've all got enough
              > problems changing our organizations to be bogged down in what is going
              > on at the SA/Scrum.org level. I appreciate the insights from this board
              > far too much to see a giant flame war break out here.

              Hi Cory,

              Just out of curiosity, who is moderating this group now?

              Cheers,

              Peter
            • Adam Sroka
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2009
                Ken is still the group moderator. AFAIK, Cory was just saying that he
                would personally prefer it if we left this one alone more or less.

                On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Peter Stevens (cal) <peterstev@...> wrote:
                > Cory Foy wrote:
                >> I hope so too. But, I want to make it clear that I'd rather discussion
                >> about this not happen on this list. After all, we've all got enough
                >> problems changing our organizations to be bogged down in what is going
                >> on at the SA/Scrum.org level. I appreciate the insights from this board
                >> far too much to see a giant flame war break out here.
                >>

                > Hi Cory,
                >
                > Just out of curiosity, who is moderating this group now?
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Peter

              • Peter Stevens (cal)
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 4, 2009
                  Thanks, Adam.

                  Yep, his message was pretty clear.

                  Cheers,

                  Peter

                  On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 1:42 AM, Peter Stevens (cal) <peterstev@gmail. com> wrote:
                  > Cory Foy wrote:
                  >> I hope so too. But, I want to make it clear that I'd rather discussion
                  >> about this not happen on this list. After all, we've all got enough
                  >> problems changing our organizations to be bogged down in what is going
                  >> on at the SA/Scrum.org level. I appreciate the insights from this board
                  >> far too much to see a giant flame war break out here.
                  >>

                  > Hi Cory,
                  >
                  > Just out of curiosity, who is moderating this group now?
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Peter

                • jscherer147
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 4, 2009
                    To the board

                    As a member, I would like

                    - to have more transparency what's going on at the board
                    (like a report on a gathering once a year, which is sent to all members)
                    - a board elected by it's members
                    - a local chapter (e.g. in my case including all german speaking members from Germany, Austria and Switzerland),
                    who's elected director is on the board or an advisor to the board.
                    - a board who takes the Scrum and other values like openness and respect seriously

                    Wuff!

                    Josef
                    CSM, CSP