Help required regarding Research and Project

  • Deepak
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2009
      Hi all,

      I am currently pursuing Masters of Technology from a university in Delhi (India). I have chosen the topic "Agile Software Development" as my project and further research. I also have to publish some research papers in International journals say IEEE etc. Can the respected members guide me for the research (I want it in scrum preferably, yet any technique will work).

      Deepak Bhardwaj
      M.Tech(IT)
      USIT
      GGS Indraprastha University,
      Delhi (INDIA)
    • N Jayakumar
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 24, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 427 KB

      What are you aiming, doing some S/W development project in SCRUM way ?

      If are very new to SCRUM , start with reading attached doc.

      I am currently pursuing Masters of Technology from a university in Delhi (India). I have chosen the topic "Agile Software Development" as my project and further research. I also have to publish some research papers in International journals say IEEE etc. Can the respected members guide me for the research (I want it in scrum preferably, yet any technique will work).

      Deepak Bhardwaj
      M.Tech(IT)
      USIT
      GGS Indraprastha University,
      Delhi (INDIA)

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Deepak Bhardwaj
      Message 3 of 5 , Sep 24, 2009
        Sir,

        I have to show the university a project in Scrum or any other agile way, CASE STUDY
        will also work.
        Further for research, i have to expand my area showing new techniques, methods in agility.
        And also international paper publishing in any journal is also important (failing which no degree will be awarded).
        There are also false ways, but i really want to work on it and prove the concept of agility.
        My guide is Prof. Yogesh Singh, who is also internationally known for Software Engineering.

        "Software Engineering" by K.K. Agrawal, Yogesh Singh.

        [Attachment(s) from N Jayakumar included below]

        --
        <<--DJ-->>
      • N Jayakumar
        Message 4 of 5 , Sep 24, 2009

          I would recommend do some software project and follow SCRUM process. [  case study – do 2 projects with same technology , 1 is using with PMBOK and another in SCRUM way and publish the benefits ( saving in time, cost & etc) ]

          About publishing papers

          In day to day, software engineers are facing  many practical problems  while following SCRUM

          Example :

          ** How to we use SCRUM in larger team (if team size is about 50 members ).

          I am currently pursuing Masters of Technology from a university in Delhi (India). I have chosen the topic "Agile Software Development" as my project and further research. I also have to publish some research papers in International journals say IEEE etc. Can the respected members guide me for the research (I want it in scrum preferably, yet any technique will work).

          Deepak Bhardwaj
          M.Tech(IT)
          USIT
          GGS Indraprastha University,
          Delhi (INDIA)

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

          --

        • Deepak Bhardwaj
          Message 5 of 5 , Sep 24, 2009
            Thanks..

            I will surely consider it.
            I am really very new to it. So have to work hard. Can you please tell me any book or papers
            on agility and scrum or PMBOK.