Re: Investigating Velocity and Estimations to improve predictability in a Scrum team

  • duarte_vasco
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 29, 2009
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Roy Morien <roymorien@...> wrote:

      > Frankly, think the answer to your quest is 'User Stories', 'Story Points', 'Velocity' ... taken together they can give you a fairly good idea of the project path (by prioritizing the User Stories, thus indicating what will be done and in what order), a fairly good idea of the amount of effort that is going to be required (the Story Points are measures of complexity, difficulty etc., rather than of estimated time), and how long it is going to take (Story Points / Velocity).

      I believe you are missing my point here. I know how to plan a project, I can do it. I've done it.

      I'm looking at larger patterns in project estimation and methods used with a view to verify if some methods are more reliable than others. My assumption, and therefore hypothesis, is that there are methods that are far more reliable in project planning than the ones being advertised and trained today.

      Vasco.