ANN: Survey --> Fwd: Getting an Agile Project Started?

  • Michael Vizdos
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2009
      Hi all,

      Scott Ambler is pulling more data together and asked that I also help
      get the word out. Please see below for details. The good thing about
      this survey (and past surveys) is that you can download the raw data
      for crunching on your own if that's your thing!

      ============

      I’m often asked fundamental questions by people new to agile regarding
      how people go about getting an agile project started.  What strategies
      do people use for estimating?  What approaches to project funding do
      people typically use?  What did you have to do to justify the project?
       How much modeling occurs and to what extent?  How long does this
      typically take?  Without decent answers to many of these questions
      some people are still reticent to experiment with agile approaches to
      software development.

      So, to get answers to these sorts of questions Mike Vizdos and I have
      put together a quick survey around agile project initiation.  The
      survey can be accessed at
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=qZI7E9V8TuF55s_2bCQrgMEw_3d_3d
      There are 17 questions in this survey, although you may not be asked
      all of them, and it should take you at most 5 minutes to complete.
      Thank you very much for investing your valuable time to fill it out.

      To entice you to fill out the survey we'll be drawing for 10 copies of
      "Agile Project Management: Creating Innovative Products, 2nd Ed." by
      Jim Highsmith published in July 2009 by Addison Wesley. For more
      information about the book, visit
      http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321658396

      The results of this survey will be summarized in Scott Ambler’s "Agile
      by the Numbers" presentation at Agile 2009 in Chicago on August 27th.
      Furthermore, this is an open survey, so the source data (without
      identifying information to protect your privacy), a summary slide
      deck, and the original source questions will be posted at
      http://www.ambysoft.com/surveys/ so that others may analyze the data
      for their own purposes. Data from previous surveys have been used by
      university students and professors for their research papers, and
      hopefully the same will be true of the data from this survey. The
      results from several other surveys are already posted there, so please
      feel free to take advantage of this resource.

      For anyone who is reticent about filling out a survey, or who doesn’t
      see the value in them, you might want to take a look at
      http://www.ambysoft.com/surveys/agileSurveys.html#Valuable for some
      arguments as to why you should consider investing your valuable time
      to help us out.  Thanks in advance.

      Also, we apologize if you’ve received several copies of this email.

      - Scott
      Scott W. Ambler
      Chief Methodologist/Agile, IBM Rational
      Agile at Scale: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/ambler

      ===========

      Thank you,

      - Mike Vizdos
      Vizdos Enterprises, LLC

      Contact Information

      Phone: (262) MVIZDOS / (262) 684-9367
      Web: www.implementingscrum.com
      www.michaelvizdos.com
      AOL IM: MikeV Work
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mvizdos
      Skype: mvizdos

      PS: Come to one of my workshops. Visit michaelvizdos.com/enroll.

      PPS: Visit implementingscrum.com/subscribe. Receive 2 FREE videos.