Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Let the team decide.. Ok but...

  • Michael James
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 28, 2009
      On Jul 27, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Kurt Häusler wrote:
      > Should we have one Scrum Master for all
      > teams or one per team considering we never have any impediments for
      > them to
      > solve.

      I would like to challenge this assumption.

      A few years ago a ScrumMaster wrote to me wondering what her job was
      supposed to be, since her team wasn't explicitly spoon feeding her
      impediments to resolve. I had seen her team working and it was
      obvious to me she wasn't using her imagination and courage to see what
      the full scope of her ScrumMaster role could be. So I jotted off an
      email to her, that eventually became "An Example ScrumMaster
      Checklist." Since then it's been downloaded thousands of times,
      referenced by other Scrum coaches and trainers, and translated into
      two other languages that I know of (Russian and Japanese).

      Can your "my work's done!" ScrumMasters put smiley faces next to more
      than half these items?
      http://tinyurl.com/cvdwor

      --mj