Sprint reviews for data-centric teams, e.g. ETL

  • Rene
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
      Usually, you'll want to demonstrate "working software" to Product Owners and stakeholders during sprint reviews. That's not too difficult for teams dealing with applications with a UI. How can this be done though for teams dealing predominantly with data, e.g. teams that mostly deliver ETL solutions, which don't have a UI and nothing to show but data moving around? One of our teams is struggling with finding something to show during the sprint review that would entice stakeholders / internal customers to show up. Any thoughts?
    • Michael Vizdos
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
        How do the customers / stakeholders use the data today?

        I have been on projects like this in the past and yeah, there is
        *still* something that will get their interest.

        Ask them what would entice them to show up.

        Thank you,

        - Mike
        www.implementingscrum.com
        www.michaelvizdos.com

        On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Rene<RRosendahl@...> wrote:

        > Usually, you'll want to demonstrate "working software" to Product Owners and
        > stakeholders during sprint reviews. That's not too difficult for teams
        > dealing with applications with a UI. How can this be done though for teams
        > dealing predominantly with data, e.g. teams that mostly deliver ETL
        > solutions, which don't have a UI and nothing to show but data moving around?
        > One of our teams is struggling with finding something to show during the
        > sprint review that would entice stakeholders / internal customers to show
        > up. Any thoughts?

      • Adam M
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
          Beer and Pizza usually does the trick,

          Although this may seem silly it is very effective at capturing an audience .

          On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Rene<RRosendahl@kbb. com> wrote:

          > Usually, you'll want to demonstrate "working software" to Product Owners and
          > stakeholders during sprint reviews. That's not too difficult for teams
          > dealing with applications with a UI. How can this be done though for teams
          > dealing predominantly with data, e.g. teams that mostly deliver ETL
          > solutions, which don't have a UI and nothing to show but data moving around?
          > One of our teams is struggling with finding something to show during the
          > sprint review that would entice stakeholders / internal customers to show
          > up. Any thoughts?

          Access Yahoo!7 Mail on your mobile. Anytime. Anywhere. Show me how.