Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Extending a Sprint

  • Michael James
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
      On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:47 AM, George Dinwiddie wrote:
      > BTW, I've seen teams do certain stories at the beginning of the
      > sprint,
      > taking them to done-done to meet a mid-sprint release, and then
      > continuing with the rest of the stories in the sprint. It causes a
      > little extra work, but came out pretty well.

      This is how I recall handling this while on a Scrum dev team.
      Acceptance criteria included "Deployed/released on x date", where x is
      within the Sprint. I don't recall it causing any real problem. This
      would allow the Sprint duration to stay constant.

      --mj
      .
      . An example checklist for serious ScrumMasters: http://tinyurl.com/cvdwor
      .
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 1, 2009
        Hello, Jim. On Wednesday, July 1, 2009, at 11:45:39 AM, you wrote:

        > I strongly recommend against extending a Sprint.

        Per a chat with Chet: I would not at all recommend extending a
        Sprint while in the middle of it. I'm much less troubled by saying
        "This next Sprint will be N days long because <some external
        event>".

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        If another does not intend offense, it is wrong for me to seek it;
        if another does indeed intend offense, it is foolish for me to permit it.
        -- Kelly Easterley