Issue with 'SCRUM' trademark

  • Jacob Ozolins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2009
      Hello,

      I am having a bit of trouble understanding why I am unable to register a local domain name, 'SCRUM.LT'. The response from the registrar is that the word 'scrum' is a European trademark, and indeed, if you type 'scrum' into the 'trade mark name' field (select 'is', not 'contains') you will see that ESPN holds the trademark (as well as some kind of german confectionary company).

      Has anyone encountered any problems with this trademark before? Is the register justified in rejecting my application for this domain name?

      Has anyone previously contacted the trademark owner or relevant department (I'd love some contact details)?

      Thanks for any assistance given.

      Jacob