Re: [scrumdevelopment] Estimating w/pretty sures

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 23, 2009
      Hello, Mark. On Tuesday, June 23, 2009, at 3:05:31 PM, you wrote:

      > You don't have an estimation problem, you have a communication problem. I
      > would sit down with management and ask them what their goal is here. Focus
      > on what problem they're trying to solve. If they say "knowing when we will
      > be done", ask why or what wil they gain from that. Keep asking questions
      > until you find their underlying issue. Then help them reframe the problem in
      > a way that works for them. Telling the team to measure better just doesn't
      > work.

      My view: If they say "knowing when we will be done", ask for a
      reasonable date to be done, and then manage scope to be done on that
      day. After all, you're done at the end of every Sprint. Just ship
      it.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure,
      what you do not understand. --Leonardo da Vinci