Re: [APM] Re: [scrumdevelopment] What are trainers and others doing to help those in need?

  • Amanda Abelove
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2009
      Plus since Scrum Club is up in San Jose now, you could totally argue the opposite way. That An LA group is invading Silicon Valley... yadda yadda yadda. It's just that with Agile and Scrum groups being SO HARD to run as a group compared to any other tech or business group out there, let's work together, you know?

      On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Amanda Abelove <amanda@...> wrote:
      And BTW, we're totally going to that conference. It is good to have a conference of some kind in SoCal targeted at the execs. There will always be some company or entrepreneur doing something Agile and Scrum related that gets dropped in on some city somewhere.

      It's just so frustrating that there is less collaboration than you would think... Why can't we get specific tracks sponsored at other conferences that already have traffic and are connected to existing community groups in there as part of the marketing of it? Why can't we line up meetings ahead to pave the way and lay a track for our members to participate? Use it to recruit new members and grow our organizations? Plan and build a path around it so an entire community gets integrated?

      Argh.

      From: Cory Foy <usergroup@...>
      Date: Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:21 PM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: agileprojectmanagement@yahoogroups.com

      Hi Mark,

      Mark Levison wrote:
      > Tobias's very interesting offering of his "Welfare
      > class got me thinking. I would like to write a news item for InfoQ - but
      > ideally I should have more than thing to refer to. So is anyone else
      > offering free? or *very* low cost courses? Offering free spots to the
      > unemployeed?

      There are several things going on I'm aware of. The Scrum Alliance just
      posted a news story about the trip James Coplien is on right now to Serbia:

      http://www.scrumalliance.org/news_items/72

      Amanda's Scrum Club is targeting college students with free
      certifications: http://scrumclub.org/about-us/about-us.html

      And, of course, Tobias' offerings.

      --
      Cory Foy