RE: [APM] Selling Agile

  • Glen B Alleman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 2004

      Clarke,

      Having “sold” agile inside a CMMI Level 3 business, I’d suggest the following:

      (1)     If you’re on a project already start with the obvious, 100%UT, configuration management, onsite or very close customer, bi-weekly release cycles. These are processes used by agile methods but are used elsewhere – CMMI – that add benefit.

      (2)     Ask what unassailable beneficial outcome can be identified for the stakeholders? Fill this need with a process. You don’t have to call it agile. My current assignment is inside a VERY high ceremony environment, where the developers to daily builds, bi-weekly releases and quarterly major releases onto emerging space qualified flight computers. They don;lt call if agile, but it is in almost every sense – including the requirements emergence.

      (3)     Don’t seek to “name” things but seek to provide value.

      Glen B. Alleman

      glen.alleman@...

      Studio musicians strive for perfection

      Live music performers strive for passion