RE: [scrumdevelopment] Product Backlog : features or user stroies

  • Roy Morien
    Message 1 of 36 , Jun 4, 2009
      The 'wish list' is the User Stories. The User Stories are all 'As a user (in this role) I want ... or I need ... or I wish for ...'. So the cncept of breaking features into User Stories is the wrong way round ... the User Stories wll imply features that will be identified and defined and designed when the User Story is analysed.

      Regards,
      Roy Morien

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: vikasait25@...
      Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 14:13:56 +0530
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Product Backlog : features or user stroies

       Hi All,
      I am assisintg software development teams in my organization define Agile processes.
      I am slightly confused on the content of product backlog, and hold two thoughts on it:
      Thought 1 : Product backlog contains wish list , typically the high level
      requirements or features of product communicated to product owner from custimers.
      These requirements or features are furthur analyzed and prioritized by the product owner.
      Release planning is done furthur.
      Till this time, it is not known whether we are going to break features into
      user story and then implement uer stories in the sprint.
      Thought 2 : Product backlog contains requirements communicated by the users called as user stories.
      The P.O will analyze and prioritize the uer stories and do a release planning.
      Features are derived from user stoires and what will follow is a
      feature driven development.
      I do not buy the thought 2, becuase I think that features that can  be narrated in terms of user perspective
      is a user story.Not all features acn be narrated from user's perspective.
      Looking for inputs from group.
      Regards,
      Vikas

      From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Click here.

      Let us help with car news, reviews and more Looking for a new car this winter?
    • Morten Haug
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 24, 2009
        +1 on this. Brief summary:

        Definition of Done - *how*