Agility at the University

  • Heitor Roriz Filho
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009

      Dear all,

      On July 9 , 10 and 11 Massimus.com in partnership with Brazilian Lutheran University in Manaus (www.ulbra-mao.br) will be promoting the event Agility at the University (in Portuguese Agilidade na Universidade). The objective of the event is to lessen the gap between Academia and Industry, bringing both together to discuss Agile and Scrum presenting what professionals actually expect from students once they graduate. Also student need to see what is really going on in the industry! My apologies but the website is only in Portuguese at www.agilidadenauniversidade.com.br. Nevertheless I can tell you how the agenda will be:

      4 Talks:

      I – Alexandre Magno, CST, Adaptworks: he is about to announce the subject.

      II – Dr. Ana Rouiller, CMMI appraiser, SWQuality on “Scrum and CMMI”

      III – Nikolai Albuquerque, CSM, PMP, Innovit on “Blending Scrum and PMBOK”

      IV – Heitor Roriz Filho, CSP, Massimus on “Agile Project Management as a post-grad course at Ulbra”

      2 crash-courses (8 hours each):

      I – eXtremme Programming (with the guys from “Mare de Agilidade at www.maredeagilidade.com.br”)

      II – Hands-on Scrum

      I ScrumMasters Workshop: to debate on problems and solutions to common introduction of Scrum practices. There will be 3 work groups on:

      1 – Effective Agile Restropectives

      2 – Sprint Planning

      3 – Managing and grooming the backlogs

      I am almost sure none of you will be around the Amazon Region in July but anyway feel free to join us and share some experience.

      Heitor

    • Alan Dayley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
        Heitor,

        This sounds like a great event for collaboration between academia and
        business. Congratulations! Boa sorte!

        Alan

        On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Heitor Roriz Filho <hroriz@...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >

        > On July 9 , 10 and 11 Massimus.com in partnership with Brazilian Lutheran
        > University in Manaus (www.ulbra-mao.br) will be promoting the event Agility
        > at the University (in Portuguese Agilidade na Universidade). The objective
        > of the event is to lessen the gap between Academia and Industry, bringing
        > both together to discuss Agile and Scrum presenting what professionals
        > actually expect from students once they graduate. Also student need to see
        > what is really going on in the industry! My apologies but the website is
        > only in Portuguese at www.agilidadenauniversidade.com.br. Nevertheless I can
        > tell you how the agenda will be:
        >

        > 4 Talks:
        >
        > I – Alexandre Magno, CST, Adaptworks: he is about to announce the subject.
        >
        > II – Dr. Ana Rouiller, CMMI appraiser, SWQuality on “Scrum and CMMI”
        >
        > III – Nikolai Albuquerque, CSM, PMP, Innovit on “Blending Scrum and PMBOK”
        >
        > IV – Heitor Roriz Filho, CSP, Massimus on “Agile Project Management as a
        > post-grad course at Ulbra”
        >

        > 2 crash-courses (8 hours each):
        >
        > I – eXtremme Programming (with the guys from “Mare de Agilidade at
        > www.maredeagilidade.com.br”)
        >
        > II – Hands-on Scrum
        >

        > I ScrumMasters Workshop: to debate on problems and solutions to common
        > introduction of Scrum practices. There will be 3 work groups on:
        >
        > 1 – Effective Agile Restropectives
        >
        > 2 – Sprint Planning
        >
        > 3 – Managing and grooming the backlogs
        >

        > I am almost sure none of you will be around the Amazon Region in July but
        > anyway feel free to join us and share some experience.
        >

        > Heitor

      • Roy Morien
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
          Excellent idea.

          Roy Morien

          > To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
          > From: alandd@...
          > Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 21:01:05 -0700
          > Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Agility at the University
          >
          > Heitor,
          >
          > This sounds like a great event for collaboration between academia and
          > business. Congratulations! Boa sorte!
          >
          > Alan
          >
          > On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Heitor Roriz Filho <hroriz@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Dear all,
          > >

          > > On July 9 , 10 and 11 Massimus.com in partnership with Brazilian Lutheran
          > > University in Manaus (www.ulbra-mao.br) will be promoting the event Agility
          > > at the University (in Portuguese Agilidade na Universidade). The objective
          > > of the event is to lessen the gap between Academia and Industry, bringing
          > > both together to discuss Agile and Scrum presenting what professionals
          > > actually expect from students once they graduate. Also student need to see
          > > what is really going on in the industry! My apologies but the website is
          > > only in Portuguese at www.agilidadenauniversidade.com.br. Nevertheless I can
          > > tell you how the agenda will be:
          > >

          > > 4 Talks:
          > >
          > > I – Alexandre Magno, CST, Adaptworks: he is about to announce the subject.
          > >
          > > II – Dr. Ana Rouiller, CMMI appraiser, SWQuality on “Scrum and CMMI”
          > >
          > > III – Nikolai Albuquerque, CSM, PMP, Innovit on “Blending Scrum and PMBOK”
          > >
          > > IV – Heitor Roriz Filho, CSP, Massimus on “Agile Project Management as a
          > > post-grad course at Ulbra”
          > >

          > > 2 crash-courses (8 hours each):
          > >
          > > I – eXtremme Programming (with the guys from “Mare de Agilidade at
          > > www.maredeagilidade.com.br”)
          > >
          > > II – Hands-on Scrum
          > >

          > > I ScrumMasters Workshop: to debate on problems and solutions to common
          > > introduction of Scrum practices. There will be 3 work groups on:
          > >
          > > 1 – Effective Agile Restropectives
          > >
          > > 2 – Sprint Planning
          > >
          > > 3 – Managing and grooming the backlogs
          > >

          > > I am almost sure none of you will be around the Amazon Region in July but
          > > anyway feel free to join us and share some experience.
          > >

          > > Heitor

          > <*> Your email settings:
          > Individual Email | Traditional
          >
          > <*> To change settings online go to:
          > (Yahoo! ID required)
          >
          > <*> To change settings via email:
          > mailto:scrumdevelopment-digest@yahoogroups.com
          > mailto:scrumdevelopment-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Make ninemsn your homepage! Get the latest news, goss and sport