Scrum in a pure Hardware Environment?

  • David H.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2009
      Howdy.

      I am just spreading out my feelers. I want to double check my own
      assumptions and open myself up for more interesting ideas.
      In my world we have a Product development side which includes
      everything from Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and
      other hardware related tasks as well as Firmware and embedded Software
      creation.

      While I have a fairly solid undertstanding on how to handle the
      Firmware and Embedded side I am wondering what ideas I could apply to
      the "Hardware side". Structuring "Stories" and setting up the
      infrastructure for the proper "Backlogs" and Customers as well as
      Product Owners is something I have an idea around.

      We DO NOT build our own chips we re-use components built by third
      parties. My primary interest is to learn about ways how the "Hardware"
      folks can go from revision to revision with a minimum of change cost.
      Typically each revision change takes 20 days, but that would only
      accommodate for small, very local changes.

      Thank you very much community.

      -d

      benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu