Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: help on a successful Scrum of Scrums

  • George Dinwiddie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2009
      joel.feldman wrote:
      > George,
      >
      > For "What's happening that you don't want to happen?":
      >
      > The biggest concern is managing discussion topics as they come up.
      > What is the criteria for when a topic should be discussed in the SoS
      > and when should it be handled offline? Should topics be handled
      > "in-line" as they come up? Should we defer them to a "parking lot" to
      > be handled after the round table?
      >
      > Also of concern is guidelines for what content and how much detail is
      > appropriate to share in the roundtable.

      These things are always a balancing act, but it seems that the same
      guidelines fit the SoS as do the team scrum. The issues that come up
      should be discussed just enough to identify who is concerned. These
      people then agree to discuss the details after the SoS.

      Or am I missing the essence of your problem? Somehow this doesn't seem
      to reach the core of "not entirely satisfied."

      - George

    • joel.feldman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 9, 2009
        We've applied regular Scrum rules: Our scrum leader is applying more discipline to our discussions (moving them to post-roundtable) and being more efficient of who has to stay for them. That has made a pretty positive impact. Thanks George.
      • George Dinwiddie
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 9, 2009
          joel.feldman wrote:
          > We've applied regular Scrum rules: Our scrum leader is applying more
          > discipline to our discussions (moving them to post-roundtable) and
          > being more efficient of who has to stay for them. That has made a
          > pretty positive impact. Thanks George.

          Cool! I'm glad it's working for you.

          - George