RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Performance Reviews/Job Descriptions in an Agile Environment

  • Roy Morien
    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 2, 2009
      Well, if there is no commitment, then that is the ultimate hesitancy. If there is no commitment, small steps at a time will not happen anyway.

      I don't have a solution to the situation where there is no commitment. In the face of obstinate refusal and lack of commitment, I am afraid that I am helpless. If there is no commitment, pussy-footing around in small steps and so on is a waste of everyone's time, because there will be no useful outcome. 'Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic' is the phrase that springs to mind from popular sloganeering.

      Regards,
      Roy Morien

      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      From: iljapreuss@...
      Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 10:22:02 +0200
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Performance Reviews/Job Descriptions in an Agile Environment

      2009/6/2 Roy Morien <roymorien@hotmail. com>:

      > The literature on organisational re-engineering by Champy and others
      > suggested that a radical approach was best - a complete eradication of the
      > current situation and revolutionary implementation of the new. Not an
      > evolutionary approach, a small step at a time.
      >
      > Such a revolutionary approach demonstrates commitment to the new path
      > forward. A 'small step at a time' is a hesitant and unconvinced approach.

      So, what do you suggest to do when the commitment isn't there?

      Curious, Ilja

      Click Here View photos of singles in your area
    • Ilja Preuß
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 2, 2009
        Hi Roy,

        > Well, if there is no commitment, then that is the ultimate hesitancy. If
        > there is no commitment, small steps at a time will not happen anyway.

        True.

        It's possible to generate commitment, though, and in my experience
        often much easier to generate commitment to the next small experiment
        than to a revolutionary overhaul.

        That's not to say that I'm against revolutionary overhauls. I'd like
        to be part of one at some point. I just don't see them happen very
        often. And still, I do see change.

        Cheers, Ilja