Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Performance Reviews/Job Descriptions in an Agile Environment

  • Ilja Preuß
    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 2, 2009
      2009/6/2 Roy Morien <roymorien@...>:

      > The literature on organisational re-engineering by Champy and others
      > suggested that a radical approach was best - a complete eradication of the
      > current situation and revolutionary implementation of the new. Not an
      > evolutionary approach, a small step at a time.
      >
      > Such a revolutionary approach demonstrates commitment to the new path
      > forward. A 'small step at a time' is a hesitant and unconvinced approach.

      So, what do you suggest to do when the commitment isn't there?

      Curious, Ilja
    • Ilja Preuß
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 2, 2009
        Hi Roy,

        > Well, if there is no commitment, then that is the ultimate hesitancy. If
        > there is no commitment, small steps at a time will not happen anyway.

        True.

        It's possible to generate commitment, though, and in my experience
        often much easier to generate commitment to the next small experiment
        than to a revolutionary overhaul.

        That's not to say that I'm against revolutionary overhauls. I'd like
        to be part of one at some point. I just don't see them happen very
        often. And still, I do see change.

        Cheers, Ilja