Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Performance Reviews/Job Descriptions in an Agile Environment

  • Ilja Preuß
    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 2, 2009
      2009/6/1 George Dinwiddie <lists@...>:
      > ran.nyman wrote:
      >> Hi Ilja,
      >>
      >> Semco is excellent example how to change company. Sack most of
      >> managers that are going to resist the change and build new culture
      >> with new managers. Unfortunately that is not option for me;)
      >>
      >> Would there be other way that is not so radical to get rid of PP&D
      >> processes?
      >
      > Ran, change happens one person at a time.

      And one small step at a time, typically.

      > I recommend the Amplifying
      > Your Effectiveness conference (http://ayeconference.com) for some
      > approaches that might help you.

      The book "Fearless Change" mit be of interest, too.

      Cheers, Ilja
    • Ilja Preuß
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 2, 2009
        Hi Roy,

        > Well, if there is no commitment, then that is the ultimate hesitancy. If
        > there is no commitment, small steps at a time will not happen anyway.

        True.

        It's possible to generate commitment, though, and in my experience
        often much easier to generate commitment to the next small experiment
        than to a revolutionary overhaul.

        That's not to say that I'm against revolutionary overhauls. I'd like
        to be part of one at some point. I just don't see them happen very
        often. And still, I do see change.

        Cheers, Ilja