Re: Performance Reviews/Job Descriptions in an Agile Environment

  • ran.nyman
    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 1, 2009
      Hi Ilja,

      Semco is excellent example how to change company. Sack most of managers that are going to resist the change and build new culture with new managers. Unfortunately that is not option for me;)

      Would there be other way that is not so radical to get rid of PP&D processes?

      Ran
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Ilja Preuß <iljapreuss@...> wrote:

      > 2009/5/29 ran.nyman <ran.nyman@...>:
      >
      > > I am still looking for some success stories of companies that have managed to get rid of PP&D processes.
      >
      > Do some research on Semco. "The Seven Day Weekend" is quite good.
      >
      > Cheers, Ilja

    • Ilja Preuß
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 2, 2009
        Hi Roy,

        > Well, if there is no commitment, then that is the ultimate hesitancy. If
        > there is no commitment, small steps at a time will not happen anyway.

        True.

        It's possible to generate commitment, though, and in my experience
        often much easier to generate commitment to the next small experiment
        than to a revolutionary overhaul.

        That's not to say that I'm against revolutionary overhauls. I'd like
        to be part of one at some point. I just don't see them happen very
        often. And still, I do see change.

        Cheers, Ilja