Re: [scrumdevelopment] Agile/Scrum/Lean for hardware

  • Kurt Häusler
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
      Kurt Häusler wrote:

      > exemplars of the current design state are very cheap to produce,
      > (clicking on the compile button and waiting a few weeks vs sending
      > plans off to the workshop and waiting
      Clicking on the compile button and waiting seconds I meant of course...
    • Mark Levison
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
        Hi - Joe - I don't have any direct experience in this myself. However responding to questions from my brother in law and a friend I did a survey in December: http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2008/12/agile-for-hardware-and-embedded-systems.html

        From what I can see the hardware side approaches the limits of anyones current experience.

        If you have an interesting Lean/Agile Embedded/Hardware stories - I might know of a place or two that would be interested in an article.

        Cheers
        Mark

        On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Joseph Little <jhlittle@...> wrote:

        Hi,

        I have a client that is concerned about how applicable Agile is for hardware.  Do you have experience?

        Please also cross-post any replies to here:  AgileBusiness@yahoogroups.com

        I won't reveal yet exactly what kind of hardware. It is hardware the includes firmware and software before delivery as a product.

        My client is particularly looking for people who have done this, their experiences, and what worked and maybe did not work from Agile/Scrum/Lean.  Color them reasonable skeptics.

        Thanks, Joe

        Joseph Little
        Agile Coach, MBA, CST
        Kitty Hawk Consulting, Inc.
        704-376-8881 (Charlotte)
        917-887-1669 (cell)
        http://www.kittyhawkconsulting.com/
        http://leanagiletraining.com
        Blog: Agile & Business (Google that)

        Mark Levison - Agile/Lean Transition Coach ||Agile Editor @ InfoQ ||
        613-862-2538 (cell) || Twitter || Blog Recent Entries:
        Acceptance Test Tools for Web Apps || Do You Suspect You Have a Less than Productive Person on Your Team?