Re: Benefits of joining ScrumAlliance

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 113 , Jul 9, 2004
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Marco Abis" <abis@a...> wrote:

      > Do you think that a non-volunteer ScrumAlliance.org which would provide
      > interesting material, services, and so forth to the CSM who pays the
      fee could
      > be much more appreciated?

      If paid staff (or consultants) are necessary to create a top-quality
      website and compile the best content, perhaps...

      Do we think this could change the quality, the attractiveness, the
      value of the site? Who would do the hiring? What if we had a volunteer
      steering committee of CSMs to guide hiring and requirements? (I might
      well volunteer to help "steer")

      My thrust was more along the lines of: *since* we will need to
      volunteer to make this work, let's make sure there is sufficient
      return for those who volunteer. But this is an interesting idea too,
      particularly for starting it up again :-)

      I'll turn it around in my mind a bit. My tendency is to avoid
      complicated structures if not needed, but... sometimes we need
      something a little more formal. Thanks for expressing the idea, Marco.
    • John A Thomson
      Message 113 of 113 , Jul 21, 2004
        Hi Deb,

        > And on that note - how about we wrap voting up on Friday night?
        That
        > will have given both weekend and weekday readers a chance. From
        that
        > point the pigs can (flock? what do pigs do? oh, Scrum! :-) and
        decide
        > how to move forward.

        Sounds good to me.

        I can't recall what we call a "collection" of pigs but we could
        use "forage" as our call to action!

        > You can also volunteer to be a "pig" on the project there.
        > So far, voting has been light (understatement, for a list of 800
        members?)

        It is worth noting that all pigs will be worked hard. Chickens who
        oink need not apply :-D.

        Regards

        John

        John A Thomson - CSM