Re: [scrumdevelopment] Benefits of joining ScrumAlliance

  • Marco Abis
    Message 1 of 113 , Jul 9, 2004
      Deb,

      I agree with you and would like to ask:

      > To put it bluntly: what's in it for the busy CSM who volunteers their
      > time to make these programs work?

      Do you think that a non-volunteer ScrumAlliance.org which would provide
      interesting material, services, and so forth to the CSM who pays the fee could
      be much more appreciated?

      I mean: if the question is "why should I pay to support something that I'm
      supposed to volunteer too" couldn't the answer be "you pay to support
      something that brings you services without the need to volunteer too"?

      Just a question.

      Marco Abis
      http://www.agilityspi.com - Agility SPI: Software Process Improvement
      http://agilemovement.it - Italian Agile Movement
    • John A Thomson
      Message 113 of 113 , Jul 21, 2004
        Hi Deb,

        > And on that note - how about we wrap voting up on Friday night?
        That
        > will have given both weekend and weekday readers a chance. From
        that
        > point the pigs can (flock? what do pigs do? oh, Scrum! :-) and
        decide
        > how to move forward.

        Sounds good to me.

        I can't recall what we call a "collection" of pigs but we could
        use "forage" as our call to action!

        > You can also volunteer to be a "pig" on the project there.
        > So far, voting has been light (understatement, for a list of 800
        members?)

        It is worth noting that all pigs will be worked hard. Chickens who
        oink need not apply :-D.

        Regards

        John

        John A Thomson - CSM