Re: [scrumdevelopment] Exercise comfort zone

  • Alan Cyment
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2009
      Hi there,

      I use a tiny variation on an exercise described in "Artful Making", by
      Lee Devin and Robert Austin: I make everybody do with me the
      Trikonasana yoga pose
      (http://yoga108.org/pages/show/118-trikonasana-triangle-yoga-posture).
      They should do it making an effort, but without pain. Now, when there,
      they need to inhale, exhale, inhale (always through nose, that's yoga)
      and then try to reach even further within the pose. Ask everybody
      while in the pose: "how do you feel?". Everybody is obviously
      uncomfortable. But it did not hurt. And it was the only way in which
      you could make your body stretch a little bit more. That is leaving
      your comfort zone. Which is the only way in which you can get a little
      bit better yourself.

      Cheers,
      Alan