RE: [scrumdevelopment] ScrumAlliance & License Renewal

  • Kert Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2004
      Ken,

      Intent and plan to repurpose the ScrumAlliance site sounds great to me. As a
      CSM wanting to:

      - advance awareness and practice of Scrum
      - have access to tools and knowledge, and people
      - promote my consulting services

      the ScrumAlliance site makes perfect sense. Annual fee of $50 seems very
      reasonable.

      I DON'T like the idea of listing non-members on the ScrumAlliance CSM
      directory. ScrumAlliance exists to serve CSMs and it makes sense to have the
      reciprocal exchange of $50/year as part of a healthy relationship between
      practicing CSMs and the organization that supports them.

      Less active (non-practicing?) CSMs may choose not to be part of the
      ScrumAlliance and would not be listed in the searchable directory (makes
      sense since the main benefit of being listed is that potential customers can
      easily locate an active/available CSM in their area).

      --
      Kert Peterson
      www.kertpeterson.com

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:47:29 -0000
      From: "Ken Schwaber" <ken.schwaber@...>
      Subject: ScrumAlliance and License Renewal

      The ScrumAlliance is being repurposed for the upcoming year. To the
      world, the ScrumAlliance will be visible as the ScrumAlliance.org
      website. The ScrumAlliance itself will consist of Certified
      ScrumMasters (CSM's) whose license is up to date (renewed
      annually).
      In addition to the website, the ScrumAlliance will host research,
      tools, course development, workshops, participation in conferences,
      marketing, and other development activities.

      I propose to use the annual renewal of license fees from CSM's
      fund the ScrumAlliance. This fee was described in everyone's CSM
      license. I propose to start assessing the fee by the end of the
      summer, retroactively and for new license renewals.. Those who renew
      their license will be able to participate in ScrumAlliance
      activities and use the resources generated by the ScrumAlliance.
      Those who don't renew their license will still be listed as
      Certified ScrumMasters, but won't be part of the ScrumAlliance. I
      propose a fee of $50, which will be assessed and payable via credit
      card from the ScrumAlliance website.

      Let me know your thoughts!
      Ken Schwaber