Re: [scrumdevelopment] ScrumAlliance and License Renewal

  • pierre.j.drouin@gsk.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9, 2004

      Quite frankly, I did not think $100.00 was to much either. Compared to the benefits of this approach + the discussions and learnings, this is small fee.

      Actually, for a couple years now I came to realize that Scrum can be an excellent business process as well. The dynamics and challenges you deal with in the development of a system are also found in quite a few business projects as well. Mary Poppendieck, in her excellent article "Wicked Problems" describes in a general way the context where an adaptive approach like Scrum can be used successfully. I like to think she not only had system development in mind.

      An other step forward to business projects and the use of Adaptive approaches has been maid by Jim Highsmith with his new book ("Agile Project Management") by relating APM to innovations / new products.

      I can only hope to see more and more broadening of AGILE.

      Pierre Drouin
      Project Manager / Chef de projets
      Project Management Office / Bureau de gestion projets
      Information Technology / Technologie de l’information
      GlaxoSmithKline, Canada
      Internet: Pierre.J.Drouin@...
                   www.gsk.ca
      Office / bureau:              (514) 738-8886, Ext. / poste 4063
      Fax / télécopieur:           (514) 956-3188
      Pager / téléavertisseur: (416) 701-5134
      "While ongoing operations deliver value for today, it is the project portfolio that drives a company’s future value. Why? Because the portfolio is the truest measure of organizational intent. It is, in essence, the barometer of a company’s future."

      "Rapid delivery and hyperproductivity through SCRUM"

      "Ken Schwaber" <ken.schwaber@...>

      08-Jul-2004 16:47

      Please respond to scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com

      scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject
      [scrumdevelopment] ScrumAlliance and License Renewal

      The ScrumAlliance is being repurposed for the upcoming year. To the
      world, the ScrumAlliance will be visible as the ScrumAlliance.org
      website. The ScrumAlliance itself will consist of Certified
      ScrumMasters (CSM's) whose license is up to date (renewed
      annually).
      In addition to the website, the ScrumAlliance will host research,
      tools, course development, workshops, participation in conferences,
      marketing, and other development activities.

      I propose to use the annual renewal  of license fees from CSM's
      fund the ScrumAlliance. This fee was described in everyone's CSM
      license. I propose to start assessing the fee by the end of the
      summer, retroactively and for new license renewals.. Those who renew
      their license will be able to participate in ScrumAlliance
      activities and use the resources generated by the ScrumAlliance.
      Those who don't renew their license will still be listed as
      Certified ScrumMasters, but won't be part of the ScrumAlliance. I
      propose a fee of $50, which will be assessed and payable via credit
      card from the ScrumAlliance website.

      Let me know your thoughts!
      Ken Schwaber

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/9EfwlB/TM