Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scheduling buffers

  • Michael James
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 24, 2009
      I think I see where the disconnect in that other thread is coming from.

      As far as I'm concerned, the effort estimation of PBIs serves three purposes:
      1) Help the Product Owner prioritize, considering ROI
      2) Help the Product Owner readjust release planning expectations
      3) (the one I've noticed more and more with the Planning Poker
      approach) cause the PO and team to have discussions about the scope of
      the items, revising them if possible.

      The team may also use them as guidelines of what to commit to in one
      Sprint, but that's up to them.

      --
      Sent from my mobile device