PM - AI

  • acockburn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 3:51 PM
      Hi, Howard ---

      I would like to participate. I went througthe web links and they only say to send in an email.
      Please let me know what I should do.
      thanks,
      Alistair

      In a message dated 7/6/2004 2:37:24 PM Mountain Daylight Time, scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Begin forwarded message:

      > From: Howard Renton - DCCI <howard.renton@...>
      > Date: July 1, 2004 10:03:59 AM PDT
      > To: AppreciativeIT@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [AppreciativeIT] An inquiry into outstanding projects
      >
      > Hello all,
      >
      > I mentioned in an earlier post that we are conducting an Appreciative
      > Inquiry into project management/leadership. We in IT have not had a
      > great project success rate, and recent efforts to improve performance
      > through more rigor in the use of methodologies and tools, and having
      > more PMP-certified people hasn't produced significantly better results
      > (see the 2003 update to the Standish Group's CHAOS study - 34% of IT
      > projects are considered successes). We are seeking to find out what it
      > is that really contributes to producing successful project results and
      > are using an Appreciative approach.
      >
      > We are seeking volunteers (you or someone on your team) to perform
      > interviews for this inquiry. In return those who participate will
      > receive the results from the inquiry and an increased awareness of the
      > Project Management skills and practices that work. Results from the
      > inquiry will be available in September. For contributions to be
      > included
      > in the report, we need to have summaries of interviews submitted by
      > August 1.
      >
      > If you’d like to participate or find out more about this inquiry,
      > please
      > visit www.distcom.com/Events/pmai/Volunteers
      >
      > Regards,
      > Howard Renton
      > DCCI
      > 248-417-5519 (Mobile)
      > howard@...

      Dr. Alistair Cockburn
      President, Humans and Technology

      Phone: 801.582-3162            Fax: 775.416.6457
      1814 E. Fort Douglas Circle, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
      mailto: acockburn@...
      http://alistair.cockburn.us/

      Author of
      "Surviving Object-Oriented Projects" (1998)
      "Writing Effective Use Cases" (Jolt Productivity Award 2001)
      "Agile Software Development" (Jolt Productivity Award 2002)