My Apologies on my posts

  • Mike Dwyer
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2009
      I understand that many of my posts are unreadable. I am working on the
      problem but do have a question to ask.
      Of those who are having problems, what type of systems are you using and
      what mail reader?

      Michael F. Dwyer

      "Planning constantly peers into the future for indications as to where a
      solution may emerge."
    • Peter Stevens (calendar)
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 14, 2009
        Hi Mike,

        I read your posts from gmail, both via IMAP (Thunderbird) and their web interface. I have the same problem regardless of interface. I have wondered if this is not a gmail problem, but have not attempted to cross check or debug.

        Cheers,

        Peter

        Mike Dwyer wrote:

        I understand that many of my posts are unreadable. I am working on the
        problem but do have a question to ask.
        Of those who are having problems, what type of systems are you using and
        what mail reader?

        Michael F. Dwyer

        "Planning constantly peers into the future for indications as to where a
        solution may emerge."

        Peter Stevens, CSM, CSP
        http://tinyurl.com/Scrum-In-House-Training
        http://scrum-breakfast.com
        tel: +41 44 586 6450

      • Paul Hudson
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 14, 2009

          >I read your posts from gmail, both

          via IMAP (Thunderbird) and their web interface. I have the same problem regardless of >interface. I have wondered if this is not a gmail problem, but have not attempted to cross check or debug.

          I read them via IMAP in Outlook from an ISP that is not running gmail. So it’s not just  a gmail problem

        • Scot Mcphee
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 14, 2009
            I read them via Apple Mail over POP to my Gmail account. The latest
            messages I saw from Mike still have this problem. It's definitely his
            mailer or chosen mailing format.

            Plain Text is always best.

            regs
            scot

            On 14/04/2009, at 23:09 , Paul Hudson wrote:

            > >I read your posts from gmail, both via IMAP (Thunderbird) and their
            > web interface. I have the same problem regardless of >interface. I
            > have wondered if this is not a gmail problem, but have not attempted
            > to cross check or debug.
            >
            > I read them via IMAP in Outlook from an ISP that is not running
            > gmail. So it’s not just a gmail problem
          • George Dinwiddie
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 14, 2009
              Scot Mcphee wrote:

              > I read them via Apple Mail over POP to my Gmail account. The latest
              > messages I saw from Mike still have this problem. It's definitely his
              > mailer or chosen mailing format.
              >
              > Plain Text is always best.

              I've already communicated this off-list with Mike. The problem is that
              his mailer is sending multi-part alternative, but is only inserting his
              text in the text/plain portion and not in the text/html.

              - George

            • Mike Dwyer
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 14, 2009
                I have switched to plain text but am puzzled as to why this happened. I have been using this set up for years (outlook + word) and never had this. The only thing that has changed is some hot patches from M/S a couple of days ago.
                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                > I read them via Apple Mail over POP to my Gmail account. The latest
                > messages I saw from Mike still have this problem. It's definitely his
                > mailer or chosen mailing format.
                >
                > Plain Text is always best.

                I've already communicated this off-list with Mike. The problem is that
                his mailer is sending multi-part alternative, but is only inserting his
                text in the text/plain portion and not in the text/html.

                - George

              • Mark Levison
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 14, 2009
                  Is it possible that you were sending RTF? By default MS Outlook is/was setup to send RTF emails.

                  Mark

                  On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Mike Dwyer <mike.dwyer1@...> wrote:

                  I have switched to plain text but am puzzled as to why this happened. I have been using this set up for years (outlook + word) and never had this. The only thing that has changed is some hot patches from M/S a couple of days ago.
                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  > I read them via Apple Mail over POP to my Gmail account. The latest
                  > messages I saw from Mike still have this problem. It's definitely his
                  > mailer or chosen mailing format.
                  >
                  > Plain Text is always best.

                  I've already communicated this off-list with Mike. The problem is that
                  his mailer is sending multi-part alternative, but is only inserting his
                  text in the text/plain portion and not in the text/html.

                  - George

                  Cheers
                  Mark Levison
                  Recent Entries: Agile/Scrum Smells:  http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2008/06/agilescrum-smells.html