My head is full Can I go home now?

  • Mike Dwyer
    Message 1 of 68 , Apr 10, 2009

      I am reading and listening to a lot of stuff these days regarding ScrumBut, Shock Therapy, Lean and CMMI, not to mention Agile/Scrum and PMI.  I have a question about all this – HUH?

      Scrum and Agile started out and, for those of us still living in the day, it continues to be about sustainability, work life balance and most of all having a great time delivering high value.  Most of all it has been about continuously finding better ways to instantiate the Agile Manifesto and principles and transform organizations forever.

      So what the heck does ScrumBut have to do with anything other than “My way or the Highway” approach to doing Scrum.  The only thing odder is this Shock Therapy concept that – according to messages smuggled out from those detained in the gulags – the Scrum Teams fall over everytime the SCrUMMaster leaves the room to take a leak – or words to that effect.

      This is too bad too.  Somehow I can’t get it through my thick head that this is progress!  It falls into the same object class as the ‘mini-pmp’ exam that is being put out.

      All in all this could lead to improvements but I do hope they  occur before the first “Prep class” for the CSM exam appears.  I can see it now.   In 2020 CMMI puts out a 400 page auditing guideline that details the examination of organizations indicating they are Agile to ensure they are at ScrumBut clear for the Level 4 audit. And that they have documented processes for implementing and reporting the amount of stress generated during the implementation of Shock Therapy training.  This of course will require SPAMIT (Scrum Project Aliiance Management Institute Training) to create an entirely new set of subgroups and studies on the first six chapters of addendums to the Agile Manifesto and an entire reprinting of the 17 volumes explaining the Principles  so that the CSM/PMP exam prep industry can retool for the next round of recertification exams.

      I might take up smoking again just to be sure I miss all this.

      Michael F. Dwyer

      "Planning constantly peers into the future for indications as to where a solution may emerge."

    • Mark Graybill
      Message 68 of 68 , Apr 16, 2009