ANN: West Coast Workshops: Agile Project Mgt. - Agile Learning Games

  • chrissims_tmi
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2009

      Greetings,

      I hope to see you at one of these upcoming public workshops!

      Agile Project Management

      This is a one-day introduction to agile, focusing on the project management aspects:
      - Estimation
      - Release planning
      - Prioritization
      - The rhythm of iterative development and delivery
      - The flow of deliverables
      - Roles and responsibilities
      - Communication on an agile team
      - Empirical process control
      - Agile metrics
      - Simple tools for managing agile projects

      Past participants have given this highly interactive workshop an average rating of 4.5 out of 5. Full details can be found here: http://www.technicalmanagementinstitute.com/AgileProjectManagement.shtml

      You have two opportunities to participate in this workshop:

      Portland, OR
      May 4
      https://www.regonline.com/APMPortland0504
      Earlybird through April 20

      San Jose, CA
      May 7
      https://www.regonline.com/APMSanJose0507
      Earlybird through April 23

      Creating Agile Learning Games and Simulations

      This workshop is ideal for coaches and trainers who want to use the power of simulations and games to teach agile concepts. We recently ran this workshop in San Jose and participants came away energized and excited to play the games they had created. In fact, one of the games has already been used in the field! Chris Sims (Technical Management Institute) and Elisabeth Hendrickson (Quality Tree Software) will be leading this fun-filled workshop. Full details here: https://www.regonline.com/AgileGames0501

      May 1
      Portland, OR
      https://www.regonline.com/AgileGames0501
      Earlybird through April 17

      Attention Job Seekers!

      Recently, I've been hearing this a lot: "I'm between jobs. I've got the time to work on my professional development, but now I don't have the money." Talk about frustrating!

      We are holding a few seats in each of our upcoming workshops for folks who are currently unemployed. Those seats will be made available, at a very steep discount, to the first few unemployed folks who contact me and ask for them. Details can be found here:
      http://blog.technicalmanagementinstitute.com/2009/04/attention-job-seekers-special-training-opportunity.html

      Cheers,

      Chris Sims