Re: [scrumdevelopment] Looking for Guidance

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2009
      Hello, Jackie. On Thursday, March 26, 2009, at 8:08:53 AM, you
      wrote:

      > The issue that I've run into is that my web team wants to do a
      > 80/20 split and work on 2 projects at the same time. They also
      > want the other developers to work this way as well. They feel that
      > it will be easier that way to get more done and avoid other issues
      > we've run into.

      Working on more than one thing at once //inevitably// delays the
      delivery of real value. It is, on the face, always a bad idea.

      But there are these "other issues". For example, suppose compilation
      of the code took three days. Then some people might think it would
      make sense to work on something else in the interval.

      Even then, they might well be wrong ... because if compilation could
      be made to be very short, delivery of value would again be optimized
      by doing one thing at a time.

      So the key questions for your teams may be:

      1. What are these "other issues"?

      2. How can they be resolved instead of worked around?

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Attend our CSM Plus Course!
      What is your dream? And knowing this, what have you
      done to work towards realizing it today? -- Les Brown