[ANN] APLN-MD / gbSPIN March meeting: Agile Planning and Estimating (sign up for head-count)

  • Hillel Glazer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2009
      If you're planning to attend, please register for the event.
      We need a head count.
      The program may be canceled if we don't have the numbers to support it.

      --
      Cheers!
      -->>  Hillel

      www.entinex.com | www.AgileCMMI.com | www.CMMIFAQ.info
      O-

      On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Hillel Glazer <agilecmmi@...> wrote:
      Details and Registration here:  http://www.gbspin.org/upcoming.html

      Presenter:
      Megan Sumrell.

      Planning and estimating is always important, even on agile projects. This talk will cover you how to efficiently and effectively drive the planning and estimating process and improve accuracy. We will begin by examining the common pitfalls in planning and estimating processes so that new ideas have a baseline to compared against. We will discuss the trade offs and practicalities of estimating in Story Points vs. Ideal Days and how to make the appropriate decision for your project. Finally, you will learn practical skills that will help you create useful plans that lead to reliable decision-making.

      When?
      Tuesday evening, March 17th, 2009

      Where?
      Timonium, MD 21093