ANN: Agile Project Management Workshop in San Jose

  • chrissims_tmi
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2009
      Greetings,

      I think that this will be of interest...

      Agile Project Management Workshop
      Presented By: Chris Sims, Technical Management Institute
      Location: San Jose, CA
      Date: March 23, 2009
      Time: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
      Registration: http://www.regonline.com/TMIAgileProjectManagement

      On a software project, uncertainty is certain. The customer will change their mind, a 'must have' feature will be discovered, deadlines will move, or an unexpected competitive threat will need to be countered. The agile approach to project management allows the team to easily adjust to these changing conditions in order to produce the most valuable software possible.

      This experiential workshop teaches the fundamentals of agile project management, and is recommended for everyone who will be involved in an agile project. We will explore the key roles, responsibilities, interactions, and processes that make a successful agile project happen.

      Participants will learn:

      * Estimation
      * Release planning
      * Prioritization
      * The rhythm of iterative development and delivery
      * The flow of deliverables
      * Roles and responsibilities
      * Communication on an agile team
      * Empirical process control
      * Agile metrics
      * Simple tools for managing agile projects

      The workshop focuses on practical 'how to' skill development, while providing enough theory so that participants will understand why the techniques work. Interactive exercises allow participants to learn by doing. Class notes, suggestions for further reading, and free follow-on consulting are all included to ensure that the workshop's lessons can be effectively applied back in the 'real world'.

      Early bird registration ends March 16.
      Click here to register: http://www.regonline.com/TMIAgileProjectManagement
      Click here for map: http://tinyurl.com/d2g9xa

      Cheers,

      Chris Sims
      http://www.technicalmanagementinstitute.com/
    • chrissims_tmi
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2 4:53 PM
        Greetings,

        I think that this will be of interest...

        Agile Project Management Learning Lab
        Presented By: Chris Sims, Agile Learning Labs
        Location: San Jose, CA
        Dates: June 29 and 30, 2009
        Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
        Job Seeker's Discount Available
        Registration: http://agilelearninglabs.com/June29_2009.html

        On a software project, uncertainty is certain. The customer will change their mind, a 'must have' feature will be discovered, deadlines will move, or an unexpected competitive threat will need to be countered. The agile approach to project management allows the team to easily adjust to these changing conditions in order to produce the most valuable software possible.

        This two-day experiential workshop teaches the fundamentals of agile project management, and is recommended for everyone who will be involved in an agile project. We will explore the key roles, responsibilities, interactions, and processes that make a successful agile project happen.

        Participants will learn:

        * Estimation
        * Release planning
        * Prioritization
        * The rhythm of iterative development and delivery
        * The flow of deliverables
        * Roles and responsibilities
        * Communication on an agile team
        * Empirical process control
        * Agile metrics
        * Simple tools for managing agile projects

        The workshop focuses on practical 'how to' skill development, while providing enough theory so that participants will understand why the techniques work. Interactive exercises allow participants to learn by doing. Class notes, suggestions for further reading, and free follow-on consulting are all included to ensure that the workshop's lessons can be effectively applied back in the 'real world'.

        Find out why past participants have rated this workshop at 4.75 out of 5.

        Super earlybird discount until June 15.
        Click here to register: http://agilelearninglabs.com/June29_2009.html

        Out of Work?
        I'm holding a limited number of seats for folks who are unemployed. These will be made available first-come, first served, at 1/2 off. This discount applies on top of the earlybird, making this very affordable for folks who have the time, but not the money, to work on their professional development. To claim one of these seats, email me at:
        June09JobSeekerDeal@...

        Cheers,

        Chris Sims
        http://www.AgileLearningLabs.com
      • Vikas Atri
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3 1:17 AM

          Hi All,
          I am assisiting teams formally define scrum processes in my organziation.
          I myself come from traditional process background.
          I was wondering how project initiation gels with pre-gaming phase.
          My understanding is :
          Pre-Gaming may involve:
          • Project initiation : Scrum Team charter (something like : Integrated team charter for local and distributed teams) may be an evidence
            to be produced here
          • Project Planning : Release plan may be an evidence here that team is supposed to deliver
          • Evolution of product backlog based on the architecture

          Saying so, Can we say high level estimation of requirements is done at product backlog level by product owner.
          While the detailed level estimation is done at user story level in sprint where user stroy is broken to simplest level task
          (ranging from 4 to 16 hours)
          Looking for suggestions/expert opinion here.
          I have seen couple of sites, but I still do not have a clear picture.(scrumalliance, mountaingoatsoftware)

          Regards,
          Vikas

          Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Click here.