Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Tracking number of passed story acceptance criteria during the sprint

    Message 1 of 74 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hello, davenicolette. On Sunday, March 1, 2009, at 12:25:17 PM,
      you wrote:

      > Very true. Isn't this to be expected during a transitional period?
      > There's a lot of "inertia" behind that sort of thinking; not just in
      > "Scrum shops," but in IT in general. Overcoming these problems is what
      > we do, isn't it? Part of what we do, anyway. Reading a book or taking
      > a class won't change people's deep-seated assumptions and habits. They
      > have to be guided in application, so they have the chance to
      > experience the difference for themselves.

      Certainly. That's why Roy's rosy picture isn't very accurate.

      > Sometimes the hardest part is finding the patience to keep doing it,
      > especially when the very same misconceptions and problems keep coming
      > up at company after company. Sometimes it's tempting to just drop out
      > and open a video game store or a coffee shop. Or a video game store
      > with an espresso machine.

      Well I do work at a coffee shop every day ...

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Attend our CSM Plus Course!
      It's easier to act your way into a new way of thinking
      than to think your way into a new way of acting. --Millard Fuller
      Message 74 of 74 , Mar 7, 2009
        Hello, Robert. On Saturday, March 7, 2009, at 1:51:27 PM, you
        wrote:

        > What seemed odd to me about your game is that it seemed to involve
        > no decision making during play. I had been expecting to see some kind of
        > evaluation and some kind of decision-making about making changes.

        Maybe next game, with that point. :)

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Attend our CSM Plus Course!
        The model that really matters is the one that people have in
        their minds. All other models and documentation exist only to
        get the right model into the right mind at the right time.
        -- Paul Oldfield