Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Tracking number of passed story acceptance criteria during the sprint

  • Robert Biddle
    Message 1 of 74 , Mar 1, 2009
      Yes, that seems sensible to me.
      But I don't think it's the whole story.
      For example, as well as making decisions that are the best we
      can do right now, we can also make decisions specifically to explore
      the space. That is, we specifically do things to learn, rather than produce.
      In some areas, such as Industrial Design, a common technique is to produce
      not one design to try out, but several, and then evaluate them all learning
      from all of them before moving on to the next iteration.
      That seems a way of working that we could consider more.
      It does have costs, but also benefits.
      Robt

      Message 74 of 74 , Mar 7, 2009
        Hello, Robert. On Saturday, March 7, 2009, at 1:51:27 PM, you
        wrote:

        > What seemed odd to me about your game is that it seemed to involve
        > no decision making during play. I had been expecting to see some kind of
        > evaluation and some kind of decision-making about making changes.

        Maybe next game, with that point. :)

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Attend our CSM Plus Course!
        The model that really matters is the one that people have in
        their minds. All other models and documentation exist only to
        get the right model into the right mind at the right time.
        -- Paul Oldfield