Re: [scrumdevelopment] Doubt in scrum and xp from the trenches, daily scrum

  • Joakim Karlsson
    Message 1 of 74 , Mar 1, 2009
      On Mar 1, 2009, at 05:22, Roy Morien wrote:
      > Isn't 'remaining time' a given? If you are considering remaining
      > time in a sprint, then the calculation of remaining time is simple
      > arithmetic: number of developers X number of days left in the sprint
      > X number of development hours per day.
      >
      > And how is 'effort' measured? That is the purpose of User Stories
      > and calculations of Velocity and stuff.

      I was interpreting the terms used by the OP as:

      Remaining time: the sum of the time estimates for all non-completed
      tasks.

      Effort: the sum of the point estimates for all non-completed stories.

      I might have been too hasty in doing that interpretation, though.

      Regards,
      Joakim Karlsson
      http://www.jkarlsson.com/blog
      Message 74 of 74 , Mar 7, 2009
        Hello, Robert. On Saturday, March 7, 2009, at 1:51:27 PM, you
        wrote:

        > What seemed odd to me about your game is that it seemed to involve
        > no decision making during play. I had been expecting to see some kind of
        > evaluation and some kind of decision-making about making changes.

        Maybe next game, with that point. :)

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Attend our CSM Plus Course!
        The model that really matters is the one that people have in
        their minds. All other models and documentation exist only to
        get the right model into the right mind at the right time.
        -- Paul Oldfield