Re: [scrumdevelopment] How to manage product backlog across geographically dispersed Scrum team?

  • Wade Matveyenko
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26, 2009
      My company just released Serena Agile on Demand, an on demand application that was build for multi-team, multi-product agile development.  You can check out our website at www.serena.com/agile-development/ and you can request a free trial of the application.

      Wade Matveyenko
      Scrum Master, Serena Agile on Demand

      On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 1:05 PM, hirendoshi73 <hirendoshi73@...> wrote:

      I have large geographically dispersed team (100+ engineers) building
      integrated software composed of multiple applications. There will be
      12 to 15 scrum teams with 4 to 5 Product owners writing user stories
      for their area of expertise and multiple Scrum Masters to manage
      various scrums

      I am facing few challenges in above model around writing and managing
      user stories and am looking forward to get some insights from this forum.

      1. What is the best approach to manage common user stories that apply
      to all scrums? Ex. Security, Performance and Scalability stories
      applies to all scrum teams – How should those stories be captured and
      passed down to the correct scrum team?

      2. What is the right approach to eliminate duplicate stories (reduce
      waste) from different scrums? Ex. To ensure that Scrum Team A is not
      doing the same work that Scrum team B is doing.

      3. What approach will you take to manage dependency stories across
      various scrums? Ex. Sprint 4 of Scrum team A is dependent on
      deliveries from Sprint 4 of scrum team B in the same timeframe.

      4. What is the best way to manage product backlog across all scrum teams?

      Thanks,
      -Hiren Doshi