Re: [scrumdevelopment] [ANN] XPSD Meeting - Feb 5th @ 6PM

  • mike.dwyer1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
      Does this invite include air fair? I bet I could catch the red eye if I hurry

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: "banshee858"
      Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:56:23 -0000
      To: <scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] [ANN] XPSD Meeting - Feb 5th @ 6PM

      ** Mass vs. Lean Manufacturing and Software **

      In this presentation Robert Pryor will retrace the roots of the Lean Software movement
      from its origins in manufacturing and draw parallels between the shift from mass
      manufacturing to Lean manufacturing and the shift from waterfall to Lean-Agile software
      development methodologies. Robert will compare and contrast the different roles that
      Agile methodologies Scrum and eXtreme Programming (XP) play in fulfilling Lean
      objectives and philosophies. Finally, Robert will share some of the key measurable Lean
      business benefits that accrue from applying XP practices to software development.

      Robert Pryor is the Chief Extremist at AgileXtreme (http://agilextreme. com/), an eXtreme
      Programming (XP) training and development services company. He has more than 15 years
      experience running software and Internet companies and in defining software products.
      Mr. Pryor first implemented Agile software development methods in his organization in
      2001. For the last 4 years, in the role of customer stakeholder, Mr. Pryor has used XP
      methodologies to develop complex Web applications, and innovated processes and tools to
      make XP work with distributed development teams. He is a pioneer, and one of the few
      success stories, in using XP with offshore development teams.

      The meeting will be held at the Cardinal Health San Diego R&D HQ
      (http://xpsd. org/CardinalHeal thDirections) from 6-7:30 PM on Thursday February 5th.