Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Sprint Planning

  • mike.dwyer1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 33 , Jan 22, 2009
      Is that the other answer to the ultimate question of the universe and everything else?

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Chet Hendrickson
      Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:33:05 -0500
      To: Ron Jeffries<scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Sprint Planning

      Hello Ron,

      If one was reasonably confident of a random distribution, you could call them all 1.5 and just count them.  However, I doubt that I would be.

      chet

      Hello, Damond. On Thursday, January 22, 2009, at 8:17:35 AM, you

      wrote:

      > Ever since I watched a video on planning and estimation, we changed

      > (probably around Sprint 6-8) our process so that no user story is larger

      > than 2 days or smaller than 1 day. At the same time, no task is larger than

      > 1 day or smaller than 1 hour. This helped us better define the tasks and we

      > found that our actual time nearly met our estimated time. As a result, we

      > were finishing all of our user stories with greater team synergy. This too

      > may have affected how the team plans.

      If in fact the stories are all between one and two days, why does

      planning take any time at all? Why not tag them as 1 or 2, count

      them, and move on?

      Ron Jeffries

      www.XProgramming. com

      www.xprogramming. com/blog

      But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to

      truth, whatever it might turn out to be. -- Alan Watts

      --

      Best regards,

       Chet                            mailto:lists@ hendricksonxp. com

    • mike.dwyer1@comcast.net