Re: [scrumdevelopment] Sprint planning with defects/bugs

  • Michael Yip
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2009
      Hi Chris,

      Handle bugs like stories in order of priority. When the list of bugs are known, the planning process works the same  by committing to the list of highest priority items into the Sprint Backlog. If a bug story is too complex, split them to smaller sub tasks/stories within the story. Priorities being equal with other stories with business functions, then the team, under the guidance of the PO, will need to determine how many percent of a Sprint can be allocated for bug stories. To plan a Sprint to account for new/unknown bugs, allocate an x% of the Sprint for bug stories. We have used 5% and 10% depending on the teams.

      Regards,
      Michael