Re: [scrumdevelopment] Incentive Pay - was Re: Part-timers

  • Mike Sjobakken
    Message 1 of 52 , Jun 4, 2004
      In my experience what is in it for them is a job - just a little sarcasm.  Anyway, paying for overtime usually doesn't work - in my experience there is little correlation between those who work overtime and those who get the job done.  I would pay a bonus if the project meets it's deadlines.

      magooski_79 wrote:
      Taking the "tacit knowledge" concept to a separate thread, I have a
      brainstroming question about incentive "pay" as it pertains to Agile
      methods.

      I've got an Agile project currently running.  Upper management (I'm a
      front line development mgr) wants to set some agressive new goals &
      deadlines for the project.   General gut feel among the developers is
      this will take a significant additional time commitment.   As a
      result of the tacit knowledge already built up (and the tight
      timeframes) it is also generally agreed that throwing additional
      bodies at the problem is off the table.   Quite naturally they are
      asking, "What's in it for me".   I'm looking for any/all ideas that
      have been tried to address this & what your experience has been.
      Ideas thrown out here so far:

      * Pay market rate contract $$/hour for "overtime".
      * Stock Options.
      * A Sales-type "boondoggle"
      * Additional professional conferences.

      All ideas welcome.

      Mike

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Jouravlev"

    • Darren
      Message 52 of 52 , Oct 12, 2004
        Hi Bryan,

        Quote:
        "Just as an FYI, I have posted an example of a sprint backlog using
        MS Project to the Scrum Alliance website."

        I was interested in your MS Project example, but can't find it. Can
        you direct me to where it is, or send me a copy?

        Thanks,

        Darren Bates