Re: [scrumdevelopment] Part-timers

    Message 1 of 52 , Jun 3, 2004
      On Wednesday, June 2, 2004, at 12:02:46 PM, J. B. Rainsberger wrote:

      > Alex Jouravlev wrote:

      >> Agile methods are based around reliance on tacit knowledge. There are some
      >> truly unique people on our industry, however as a general rule a
      >> part-timer's ability to operate on tacit knowledge is much less then a
      >> full-timer's.

      > I will change "much less" to simply "less" and agree. The reason is
      > simple: the part-timer accumulates less tacit knowledge per unit time,
      > and so (on average) makes fewer connections, leading to fewer useful
      > conclusions.

      > Whether that /practically/ affects matters, I can't say.

      I would wager that the amount of tacit knowledge accumulated, or not, would
      be outweighed by individual differences.

      Agility is not an inescapable law of purity
      but a pragmatic principle of effectiveness. -- Marc Hamann
    • Darren
      Message 52 of 52 , Oct 12, 2004
        Hi Bryan,

        Quote:
        "Just as an FYI, I have posted an example of a sprint backlog using
        MS Project to the Scrum Alliance website."

        I was interested in your MS Project example, but can't find it. Can
        you direct me to where it is, or send me a copy?

        Thanks,

        Darren Bates