Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Rotten apple in Scrum team - NOT

  • Ilja Preuß
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2009
      I'm highly troubled by the used metaphor of a "rotten apple". It
      implies that the problem lies inside the employee, whereby it is
      almost certainly a management problem.

      What about a cherry bud, that just needs the right amount of water and
      sun to blossom?

      What if he is a catalysator?

      Or perhaps he really is in the wrong job - as my mom likes to say:
      "there are no weeds, only herbs in the wrong place".

      I strongly suggest that as the first step to solve your problem, you
      intentionally stop using language that suggest that *he* is the
      problem. He probably is just doing his best, with the information and
      capabilities at his hand.

      Cheers, Ilja