Re: New to Scrum: Regarding telecommuting

  • ClareChu
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 2, 2004
      The good news is that our company is reconfiguring cubes to a smaller
      size, (well, ordinarily this is a bad thing), but this gives us an
      opportunity to request 8 person bull pens. We will reserve some
      cubes for private phone calls. We're in luck here because we have
      this small corridor that has tiny cubes in it, just perfect for those
      private moments.

      But this is a unique opportunity, as our company Facilities people
      are very much in control and we are a frugal company too.

      Clare

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Eric R Johnson
      <eric.r.johnson@s...> wrote:

      > Depending on the relationship with the facilities people, you'd
      probably
      > get a pretty good spanking at Sun for making major alterations to
      your
      > cube environment without permission. Facilities work costs money
      and
      > the people are generally overworked, so I can see why some controls
      are
      > needed -- even if I don't like the constraints.
      >
      > My team was able to secure an infrequently used conference room with
      > a big whiteboard, flipcharts, etc. It took some politicking to get
      the
      > room,
      > but our facilities people were more amenable to that than to doing
      cube
      > re-configs. Less likelihood of a ripple effect, I guess. Anyway,
      it's
      > another
      > way to go. Oh, and it worked great because we could argue,
      brainstorm
      > and eat donuts without bothering other teams. A month or so after
      we
      > got
      > our Scrum room another team set up shop next door. We're both still
      > there over a year later.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > --EJ

    • Ken Schwaber
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 2, 2004
        The following is from an RFP from the State of Washington for building
        systems for their coursts:

        Instructions to Vendors

        Contractor's proposal should contain:
        · Vendor contact information (name, title, email, phone and fax numbers, and
        mail address)
        · Explicit agreement to adhere to all of the terms outlined in this work
        request
        · Resume of proposed consultant(s) to work on the project (include a copy of
        signed Scrum Master certification license materials to receive 10% credit as
        stated below)
        · A fixed-price bid for delivery of the deliverables listed above

        Contractor's proposal will be scored as follows:
        · 20% evidence in proposed consultant resumes of actual project experience
        with J2EE (including Java Servlets and EJB Session Beans), Java Swing, and
        transport of data between a Swing client and Java middle tier using http.
        · 5% evidence in proposed consultant resumes of actual project experience
        with usability testing of paper and functional UI prototypes
        · 15% evidence in proposed consultant resumes of experience working with the
        AOC software development process and architecture being used on the new JIS
        · 10% if at least one member of each team is a certified Scrum Master
        (http://www.controlchaos.com/certifiedscrum/)
        · 25% evidence in proposed consultant resumes of experience developing
        service-oriented, object-oriented architecture and documenting that
        architecture using appropriate combinations of prose and UML diagrams
        · 25% cost (including all expenses)