Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Story points and estimation

  • Chet Hendrickson
    Message 1 of 144 , Jan 2, 2009
      Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Story points and estimation

      Hello Ron,

      For this to happen, doesn't the PO need some way to evaluate risk without undue developer interference.  With 'undue' being the operative word.

      chet

      Yes, business value is the PO's call. And IMO the PO should consider

      reduction of risk as having "business value".

      www.xprogramming.com/blog

      I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way. -- Jessica Rabbit

      --

      Best regards,

       Chet                            mailto:lists@...

    • George Dinwiddie
      Message 144 of 144 , Jan 2, 2009
        Chet Hendrickson wrote:
        > Hello Adam,
        >

        > Friday, January 2, 2009, 2:06:54 PM, you wrote:
        >

        > I believe there is only business risk, or at least only one we should
        > care about. If a technical issue has no impact on the ability of the
        > project to deliver business value, why should we care about it.
        >

        > It is the responsibility of the technical people to put the risks they
        > see into terms the PO can understand and value. The undue interference
        > comes about when the PO defers to them without understanding for themselves.

        Yes, and the flip side of this coin is when the PO dismisses risk
        without understanding for themselves because it's too technical or
        because they don't trust the developers. It all works out so much
        better when we have a good working relationship.

        - George