Re: [scrumdevelopment] Product Owner overtasked by Scrum?

  • Tim Walker
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 30, 2008

      "mistakenly think that CSM is for developers"

      Should read:

      "mistakenly think that CSM is exclusively for developers"

    • Michael Wollin
      Message 37 of 37 , Jan 4, 2009
        I think that who attends the retrospective should be more a function
        of the particular history, culture and personalities of the people
        than be a hard a fast role-based rule. It's the goal that matters.
        The goal is to "inspect and adapt" and that everyone must be heard
        (and safe) so that we can discover what is working and what is not

        As servant leader, I have found that it helps the development team if
        I provide the structure so that the strong personalities do not drown
        out the meek ones. At the same time, we may want to exclude those non-
        developers who might inhibit open conversation (but with an eye to
        correct this over time so that the culture evolves). Eventually, we'd
        like to see the rest of management and the PO team as silent
        observers where everyone securely feels we are all on the same side
        helping each other and pulling in the same direction. But Utopia was
        not built in a day.