Re: ScrumMaster.xla application on Virtual PC on MAC OS X

  • Paul Hodgetts
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26 9:13 PM
      Angelo Schneider wrote:

      > I can not get the Excel Plug-In ScrumMaster.xla running.
      >
      > I get an error: Microsoft Forms: an required object could not be loaded.
      >
      > I run Excel under MS Windows 2000 on a Virtual PC. I have Word, Excel
      > and Outlook installed .... none of them seem to have the missing
      > OLE/OCX Forms.
      >
      > Any idea what I need to install to get the plug in running? Is there an
      > alternative plug in for Open Office or one for MAC Office?

      When I first tried to get the plug-in working, I had what sounds
      like the same problem.

      The Scrum software seems to use the MS Calendar 10.0 OCX control,
      which seems to normally be installed by Access. I suspect most
      people who have Excel also have Access by way of installing the
      Office suite. But I had picked up an Office version for Students
      and Teachers that did not include Access and thus this OCX. So,
      in the end, I had to locate and download the OCX control, install
      and register it, and then everything worked fine. I don't recall
      where I found the OCX, but I think I just Googled for "MS Calendar
      OCX Control" and found a place to download it.

      Hope that helps,
      Paul
      -----
      Paul Hodgetts -- CEO, Principal Consultant
      Agile Logic -- www.agilelogic.com
      Consulting, Coaching, Training -- On-Site & Out-Sourced Development
      Agile Processes/Lean/XP/Scrum -- Java/J2EE, C++, OOA/D, UI/IA, XML

      Upcoming Presentations:

      Refactoring the Development Process
      Agile Development Conference, Salt Lake City, UT - June 22-26, 2004
      http://www.agiledevelopmentconference.com/schedule/expreports.html

      Agile Planning, Tracking, and Project Management Boot Camp
      XP/Agile Universe Conference, Calgary, Alberta - August 15-18, 2004
      http://www.xpuniverse.com/schedule/T12