Re: [scrumdevelopment] Digest Number 603

  • Kevin Aguanno
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2004
      >Similarly with people staring in their
      >laptops and doing e-mail and instant messaging.

      I've had the team meet for the 15-min daily scrum meeting in the open space at the bottom of a stairwell.  Lots of room, few iterruptions (everyone takes the elevator), no power outlets for laptops, and cell-phones won't work under all that steel-reinforced concrete.  No chairs, so the meeting is kept short and focused.  Plus, the meeting space is always available.   Forces everyone to be on site, since there is no telephone available.

      It's good for quick team huddles to resolve critical issues and interdependencies as well.  We've even used flipchart paper attached to the concrete walls with that blue sticky putty stuff where drawings were required.

      ----------
      Kevin J.J. Aguanno, PMPĀ®, MAPM
      IBM Certified Senior Project Manager
      Portals and Content Management Practice,
      Application Innovation Services,
      IBM Global Services,
      IBM Canada Ltd.

      Phone:  (905) 316-8966
      Fax:       (905) 316-2535
      Pager:   (416) 600-0794

      The opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of IBM Corporation.