Re: [scrumdevelopment] How I ruined my career with Agile Development (sort of)

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20 11:03 AM
      johnbr wrote:

      > I wrote an article on my blog about my (failed) experiences trying to
      > bring agile development into a small company I work.
      >
      > Please don't misconstrue the title - it is not an attack on agile
      > development. It's a cautionary tale on how, in the wrong
      > organization, agile development is the wrong strategy.
      >
      > If you'd like to read it and provide comments/feedback/suggestions on
      > the article, or how I could have handled the situation differently,
      > I'd love to read them.
      >
      > You can find the article here:
      > http://www.undefined.com/ia/archive/000158.html

      John, it sounds like you were willing to believe that, in spite of the
      roadblocks you could see, if you could just do some Agile and get
      results, everyone would be happy. I believed the same thing on my first
      XP project. I even /ignored/ an obvious sign that my manager was lying
      about his commitment to XP on the project. (He held his hands over his
      mouth and nose while answering.) I so wanted to do XP and do well that I
      chose to disregard this rather clear warning signal. I'm sure it happens
      to everyone.

      A fine article. Thanks.
      --
      J. B. Rainsberger,